Episode 1
Seated in front of the caretaker, I promised not to make him regret letting out the room to me. He asked that I bring a guarantor
On the day I wanted to make payment, I was told I had to pay #1,300 for the gate that was fixed by tenants, #2000 for painting done on my room and #1000 security levy which is paid upfront every month.
'Which painting? I murmured With a frown, he replied 'you no notice that the paint dey neat?' 'Neat?, is that what you call neat? That room does not look like what was painted recently.' I replied
'Ok, if you no wan pay, leave am na, another person go collect the room and pay, other tenants sef pay the #2000' he replied. I paid everything.
To be continued...
This was the beginning of my journey into my one-room face me I face you apartment. The last time I lived in an apartment like this was when I lived off campus in school. Life had taken me out of my self contained into an ordinary one room. I have only stayed a while here but so many things have happened which I documented, I will bring them here for your reading pleasure.
See you in the next post.

No comments:
Post a Comment