Thursday, 27 June 2019
TALES FROM MY 'FACE ME I SLAP YOU' APARTMENT
Episode 3
No wonder urine stench was everywhere the first day I came for inspection, it subsided after I had washed everywhere. By the time I was done wondering, he had ran inside. I quickly knocked on the door, a pregnant woman came out.
'Ha! Aunty no vex, na here be him toilet since wey Mama Tosin pack comot, I warn him say make he no piss for there again, he no hear. Make I bring water con wash am'.
I was furious.. This woman's carelessness got me more furious than the knowledge that my 'dormot' had turned toilet. There was light but the corridor was dark including the bathroom and toilet, infact from the corridor to the gate was dark. I later learnt they stopped buying bulbs when the bulbs kept disappearing. Someone kept stealing electric bulbs meant to illuminate the compound. Can you just imagine?
'Madam, how can you allow this little boy to go out alone in the dark to pee? Get him a potty to pee in or you follow him to the toilet, pls I don't want this to happen again.' I said firmly.
She apologised and I proceeded to the well to draw water. As soon as I stepped outside, something ran over my feet, I screamed and jumped as I flashed my torch.
Behold, it was a very big black rat, it was as big as a small cat. A man came outside and asked what the problem was.
'Na correct meat be that o, where he enter? He big well well?' He asked picking up a long stick.
I felt like throwing up right there, this man actually eats rats? Rat as in R.A.T?
I left him and walked on. If that rat enters someone's room, the kind of havoc it will wreck, ah! What is this my God?'
I kept thinking as I reached the well. Brothers and sisters, yours truly met a dry well.
By now, to cry con dey hungry me seriously.
To be continued...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment